To change a room calendar to allow Appointments instead of Meetings:
- In Exchange, right-click on the Room Mailbox and select “Mange Full Access Permissions”. Add yourself (or anyone you want to designate room permissions)
- In local Outlook, right-click on the Room Calendar and select “Properties” and “Permissions”. Add/remove people from the Permission Level (including Reviewer and Editor)
Changes in Active Directory:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Navigate to the Employees Organizational Unit (OU).
- Right-click on the Name of the Employee for the name change and select Rename.
- Rename the Employee.
- Rename User dialog box appears:
a. Full Name should be correct.
b. First Name should be correct.
c. Last Name should be changed to the new Last Name.
d. Display Name will changed in the above step.
e. User Logon Name should be changed to the new Last Name.
f. User Logon name (pre-Windows 2000) will be changed in the above step.
Changes in Exchange:
- Open Exchange Management Console.
- Under Recipient Configuration click on Mailbox to view all user mailboxes.
- Right click the employee name and select Properties.
- In the General Tab:
a. Change the Alias to match username changed in Active Directory Users and computers.
b. Click Apply button.
- In the E-Mail Addresses Tab:
a. SMTP Address with the new name should be bold.
b. Highlight the old address, right click and select remove.
c. Click Apply Button, then OK.
- Update the Offline Address Book, navigate to Organization Configuration and select Mailbox.
- Select the Offline Address Book Tab.
- Right click on the Default Offline Address Book select Update.
- Click Yes in the dialog box.