Delete all the references and groups (except ResearcherID groups) from your EndNote online account. Please see the below links for instructions:
Now do the following:
- In EndNote, click on the EndNote menu and select Preferences (Edit > Preferences on Windows). Uncheck “Sync Automatically”. Restart EndNote.
- Empty trash on both your desktop library and online library
- Now go to EndNote menu > Preferences (Edit > Preferences on Windows), click on Sync and add the following to your E-mail address under EndNote Web Account Credentials: #!resetLocalSync This should then read as: firstname.lastname@example.org#!resetLocalSync
- Click Save and close the Preferences screen.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Sync.
- EndNote will then appear to authenticate and return the prompt: “A Sync library can be linked to only one account. Do not proceed unless you intend to break the link to the original account.” This happens because we tricked EndNote into thinking it authenticated against another user. Click OK, and EndNote will purge any knowledge of a previous sync.
- EndNote will then display a message, “Your local sync state has been reset. Please re-enter your E-Mail Address, restart EndNote, and Sync again.”
- Restart EndNote and open the copy of your library that has the full set of references.
- Go back to EndNote menu > Preferences (Edit > Preferences on Windows) and go to Sync.
- Enter the correct user/pass in and set up the automatic sync settings to meet your needs. The E-mail address should be reset back to: email@example.com
- Save and Close the Preferences.
- When you click Sync again, you will once more get the message “A Sync library can be linked to only one account. Do not proceed unless you intend to break the link to the original account.” Click OK.
- You will be prompted to make a backup of your library. You can create a backup of your library at this point.
- A complete Sync will then begin.
This will ensure that the library is synchronizing again and there will be no further duplication. The recipients of the shared library will automatically see the new set of references.