Problem: Calendar changes won’t stick.
Solution: Turn off “Download shared folders” in the Advanced setting
- On the File tab, click Account Settings in the Account Settings list.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, click the E-mail tab and then double-click your Microsoft Exchange Server account.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Click to clear the Download shared folders check box.
To change a room calendar to allow Appointments instead of Meetings:
- In Exchange, right-click on the Room Mailbox and select “Mange Full Access Permissions”. Add yourself (or anyone you want to designate room permissions)
- In local Outlook, right-click on the Room Calendar and select “Properties” and “Permissions”. Add/remove people from the Permission Level (including Reviewer and Editor)
To Export Calendar from Zimbra:
- Log into Zimbra mail via the web
- Select Preferences (on the top) and Import/Export (on the left)
- Select Export -> Calendar and click the Source to select your default Calendar
- Click Export to export the data into an ics file on your desktop
To Import Calendar into Google Calendar:
- Go to: http://www.google.com/calendar
- Click on the gear (settings) in the top right corner and select “Settings”
- Click on “Calendars” on the top menu
- Click on Tasks -> Import calendar
- Select the ics file from Zimbra