Problem: Calendar changes won’t stick.
Solution: Turn off “Download shared folders” in the Advanced setting
- On the File tab, click Account Settings in the Account Settings list.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, click the E-mail tab and then double-click your Microsoft Exchange Server account.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Click to clear the Download shared folders check box.
To change a room calendar to allow Appointments instead of Meetings:
- In Exchange, right-click on the Room Mailbox and select “Mange Full Access Permissions”. Add yourself (or anyone you want to designate room permissions)
- In local Outlook, right-click on the Room Calendar and select “Properties” and “Permissions”. Add/remove people from the Permission Level (including Reviewer and Editor)
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Select File -> Options -> Advanced
- Scroll down to “Send and Receive” and click the Send/Receive button
- Change the frequency from 30 minutes to 5 minutes