- Dead Drops are only stored for 24 hours, then they are deleted
- If an incorrect password is entered, or if anything else goes wrong we delete the data. This is not a locker service
- The Secure Data Enclave (SDE) pilot system is a secure computing environment for a limited number of Columbia Social Science Computing Committee (SSCC) users for a period of one year using CUIT’s infrastructure. This environment will provide secure remote access to restricted data and applications used for analysis. The restricted data is either created by researchers themselves, or granted to successful applicants for temporary use by various agencies.
- openssl genrsa -des3 -out server.key 2048
- openssl rsa -in server.key -out server.key.insecure
mv server.key server.key.secure
mv server.key.insecure server.key
- openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr
- Send CSR: https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/acis/ssl/request.shtml
- C (this field may also be called ‘Country’): US
- ST (this field may also be called ‘State or Province’): New York
- L (this field may also be called ‘Location’ or ‘City’): New York
- O (this field may also be called ‘Organization’): Columbia University
- OU (This field may also be called ‘Organization Unit’ or ‘Department’): Information Technology
- CN (this field may also be called ‘Common Name’ or ‘Hostname’): the fully qualified domain name of your server as it appears in a url.