(From Jai @ CUIT)
Part I: At the copier:
- On your IKON copier/scanner/printer, go into the User Tools menu.
- Navigate to System Settings/Administrator Tools/Administrator Authentication Management
- Turn Admin Authentication ON if it is not already ON. If you have turned it on here, reboot your IKON copier/scanner/printer.
- Once its back up, write down the IP address of the IKON copier. You can find this in UserTools/ System Settings/ Interface Settings/ Machine IPv4 Address. Write down the IP address of the copier, which is a string of numbers starting with “128.59.x.x”.
Part II. At a desktop computer
- Find a desktop computer located physically close to the copier, if you can, and one connected via ethernet cable rather than wifi. This is important because most of these copiers will only allow remote access from a computer located on the same network subnet. In short, if you are unable to follow the steps below, contact FDS. Assuming you’re able to find a PC that is physically close to the copier, proceed with the steps below.
- Open a browser window and navigate to the IP address from step 4 above. This should bring you to the WIM (“web image monitor” – a web browser interface for your copier).
- Login (upper right corner) with username “admin” and a blank password.
- Click on “Configuration” on the left side menu.
- Click on “Access Control” on the right half of the page
- Under the IPv4 settings, in the first slot, enter an address range of 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. Click save and logout of the WIM.
- Reboot your copier once more.